Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What am I doing?

I wanted to create an area where I could express various opinions and also allow others to give their feedback, both good and bad, so that hopefully the end product will be an actual discussion of issues.

The main focus will be current events and issues that I find interesting. It seems to me that complicated issues are typically reduced in the media to mere sound bytes of emotional appeal without any attempt to actually discuss what is going on. I believe that there is a true need to discuss things and learn from them, rather than have a knee-jerk reactionary belief that is based more on ignorance than knowledge.

I hope that you post your own opinions/reactions to what I write, whether you agree or disagree with what I say. I welcome all opinions and beliefs as long as they are respectful to others. A discussion is boring if everyone says the same thing, so hopefully we'll have some true discussions here.

We'll see how well it goes....

1 comment:

Kent said...

Sounds like a great Idea. I can't wait to argue your points.

-K